We will be updating this page as we receive information about upcoming royal events, so be sure to check this page periodically. The events listed will be important events in home countries or events in foreign countries. Birthdays and wedding anniversaries will not be listed here unless they are milestones and official celebrations are planned. Information on births, anniversaries, and deaths can be seen at the daily Today in Royal History and the weekly Royal Birthdays and Anniversaries. National Days and public holidays related to royalty will also be listed as members of royal families often make appearances on those days.
While we focus on foreign events and important national events, members of royal families carry out many other engagements. Below is a selection of links listing engagements. Because a more complete listing of events is often found in the language of particular monarchies, some links are not in English and are noted.
- United Kingdom – British Monarchy: Future Engagements
- United Kingdom – The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall: Diary
- Belgium – De Belgische Monarchie: Agenda (in Dutch)
- Denmark – Kongehuset: Kalendar (in Danish)
- Luxembourg – Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg: Agenda (in French)
- Netherlands – Het Koninklijk Huis: Agenda (in Dutch)
- Norway – Royal House of Norway: Official Engagements
- Spain – Casa de Su Majestad El Rey: Scheduled Agenda (in Spanish)
- Sweden – Sveriges Kungahus – Kungahusets Kalendar (in Swedish)
- September 20-26 – Denmark – Princess Benedikte will attend World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts World Conference in New Delhi, India
- September 23 – Saudi Arabia – National Day of Saudi Arabia
- September 23-26 – Denmark – Crown Prince Frederik will make a visit to China
- September 27 – Luxembourg – Grand Duke Henri will host the 14th informal meeting of the Heads of State of the German-speaking countries
- October 2 -3 Sweden – Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine will attend the Thank You Gala and the International Council Meeting of the World Childhood Foundation in New York City
- October 4-5 – United Kingdom – The Prince of Wales will visit Malta to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the George Cross being awarded to Malta and to deliver the keynote speech at the Our Ocean conference
- October 8-12 – Denmark – Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will visit Japan to mark the 150th anniversary of the Danish-Japanese trade treaty
- October 10-12 – Netherlands – King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will make a state visit to Portugal accompanied by the Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs, who will be running an economic mission parallel to the state visit
- October 12 – Spain – National Day of Spain (Fiesta Nacional de España), the Spanish Royal Family makes appearances
- October 13-14 – Sweden – Prince Carl Philip will attend the 4th Annual International Union for the Conservation of Nature Patrons Meeting
- October 22-26 – Belgium – Princess Astrid, representing King Philippe, will make an economic visit to the Ivory Coast
- October 25-26 – United Kingdom – Prince Harry of Wales will visit Copenhagen, Denmark where he will meet with Queen Margrethe II and Danish veterans
- October 26 – Thailand – Cremation of King Bhumibol Adulyadej who died on October 13, 2016
- October 26-29 – Denmark – Queen Margrethe II will visit Rome, Italy to celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Danish Institute’s building in Rome and archaeological excavations at the ancient Forum Romanum
- November – Jordan – King Abdullah II and Queen Rania will make a state visit to the Netherlands
- November 4 – Tonga – Constitution Day/Tonga National Day
- November 18 – Oman – Birthday of Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said, Oman’s National Day
- November 18 – Morocco – Independence Day (Eid Al Istiqulal) Morocco’s National Day
- November 19 – Monaco – The Sovereign Prince’s Day, Monaco National Day; the Princely Family of Monaco makes appearances
- November 23-24 – Denmark – Queen Margrethe II will make a state visit to Ghana
- December 5 – Thailand – National Day and Father’s Day, commemorating the birth of the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej
- December 17 – Bhutan – National Day of Bhutan marking the coronation of Ugyen Wangchuck as the first Dragon King of modern Bhutan. The current Dragon King, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, gives a speech.
- December 18 – Qatar – Qatar National Day, commemorates the assumption of power by Emir Jassim bin Mohammed Al Thani in 1878
- December 23 – Japan – The Emperor’s Birthday (Tennō Tanjōbi) is a national holiday in the Japanese calendar. Emperor Akihito, accompanied by Empress Michiko and other members of the Imperial Family, appears on a palace balcony to acknowledge the birthday congratulations of crowds.
- February 21-23 – Bhutan – Birthday of King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, three-day public holiday
- February 23 – Brunei – Brunei National Day, Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei and his family make appearances
- April 27 – Netherlands – Koningsdag or King’s Day is a national holiday. Celebrated on April 27 (April 26 if April 27 is a Sunday), the date marks the birth of King Willem-Alexander.
- May 13-15 – Cambodia – King Sihamoni‘s Birthday, three-day public holiday
- May 17 – Norway – Constitution Day, the National Day of Norway, the Norwegian Royal Family makes an appearance on the balcony of the Royal Palace in Oslo.