We will be updating this page as we receive information about upcoming royal events, so be sure to check this page periodically. The events listed will be important events in home countries or events in foreign countries. Birthdays and wedding anniversaries will not be listed here unless they are milestones and official celebrations are planned. Information on births, anniversaries, and deaths can be seen at the daily Today in Royal History and the weekly Royal Birthdays and Anniversaries. National Days and public holidays related to royalty will also be listed as members of royal families often make appearances on those days.
While we focus on foreign events and important national events, members of royal families carry out many other engagements. Below is a selection of links listing engagements. Because a more complete listing of events is often found in the language of particular monarchies, some links are not in English and are noted.
- United Kingdom – British Monarchy: Future Engagements
- United Kingdom – The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall: Diary
- Belgium – De Belgische Monarchie: Agenda (in Dutch)
- Denmark – Kongehuset: Kalendar (in Danish)
- Luxembourg – Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg: Agenda (in French)
- Netherlands – Het Koninklijk Huis: Agenda (in Dutch)
- Norway – Royal House of Norway: Official Engagements
- Spain – Casa de Su Majestad El Rey: Scheduled Agenda (in Spanish)
- Sweden – Sveriges Kungahus – Kungahusets Kalendar (in Swedish)
- May 29-30 – Denmark – Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will make a trip to Sweden to promote Danish businesses
- Early June – United Kingdom – Prince Harry will visit Singapore to play in the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup, raising funds and awareness for his charity Sentebale and will visit Sydney, Australia to attend events to celebrate the city’s hosting of the 2018 Invictus Games
- June 6 – Sweden – National Day of Sweden, commemorates the election of Gustav Vasa as King of Sweden in 1523, the Swedish Royal Family makes appearances
- June 9 – Sweden – Crown Princess Victoria will attend the Ocean Conference at the United Nations in New York, New York, USA
- June 10-17 – Belgium – Princess Astrid will represent His Majesty The King on an economic mission to the Republic of Korea
- June 13 – United Kingdom – Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend Evensong at the Chapel Royal, Hampton Court Palace to celebrate the Centenary of the Order of the Companions of Honour
- June 15 – United Kingdom – The Princess Royal, Patron, Luhmuhlen Horse Trials, will attend a celebration of the 60th Anniversary of Eventing in Luhmuhlen at Luhmuhlen Showground, Westergellerser Heide 1, D-21394 Westergellersen, Germany
- June 17 – United Kingdom – Queen Elizabeth II will take the salute at The Queen’s Birthday Parade (Trooping the Colour). Later, Her Majesty will take the salute at a fly past of Royal Air Force aircraft from the balcony of Buckingham Palace. Members of the British Royal Family will be present.
- June 19 – United Kingdom – Queen Elizabeth II, The Duke of Edinburgh and members of the British Royal Family will attend a Service for the Order of the Garter at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle.
- June 20-23 – Netherlands – King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will make state visits to Italy where they will visit Rome, Milan, and Palermo and to the Holy See in Vatican City
- June 23 – Luxembourg – Grand Duke Henri’s Official Birthday/Luxembourgish National Day
- June 23 – United Kingdom – The Princess Royal will receive an Award for Outstanding Achievements in Horse Sports, Spanish Riding School Vienna, Michaelerplatz 1, 1010 Vienna, Austria
- June 26 – United Kingdom – The Princess Royal, Chair, International Olympic Committee Members Election Commission, will hold a Dinner at Buckingham Palace
- June 27 – United Kingdom – The Princess Royal, Chair, International Olympic Committee Members Election Commission, will hold a meeting at Buckingham Palace
- June 29-July 1 – United Kingdom – The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Canada to mark the 150th anniversary of the Canadian Confederation. They will visit Ontario, Nunavut and Canada’s Capital Region.
- July – United Kingdom – The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Germany and Poland at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. No dates or agenda have been announced.
- July 3-7 – United Kingdom – The Princess Royal will visit the People’s Republic of China
- July 6 – United Kingdom – The Duchess of Gloucester, Honorary President, Lawn Tennis Association, will attend The Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London
- July 10 – United Kingdom – The Duchess of Gloucester, Honorary President, Lawn Tennis Association, will attend The Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London
- July 12-14 – Spain – King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia will make a state visit to the United Kingdom and stay at Buckingham Palace
- July 14-15 – Sweden – Celebrations will be held for the 40th birthday of Crown Princess Victoria at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Borglholm IP stadium and Solliden Palace
- July 21 – Belgium – Belgian National Day, commemorates this day in 1831 when Prince Leopold of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld became the first King of the Belgians, the Belgian Royal Family makes appearances
- August 15 – Liechtenstein – Liechtenstein National Day celebrates the Roman Catholic Feast of the Assumption and the Reigning Prince’s birthday, the Princely Family makes appearances.
- September 23 – Saudi Arabia – National Day of Saudi Arabia
- October 12 – Spain – National Day of Spain (Fiesta Nacional de España), the Spanish Royal Family makes appearances
- October 26 – Thailand – Cremation of King Bhumibol Adulyadej who died on October 13, 2016
- November 4 – Tonga – Constitution Day/Tonga National Day
- November 18 – Oman – Birthday of Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said, Oman’s National Day
- November 18 – Morocco – Independence Day (Eid Al Istiqulal) Morocco’s National Day
- November 19 – Monaco – The Sovereign Prince’s Day, Monaco National Day; the Princely Family of Monaco makes appearances
- December 5 – Thailand – National Day and Father’s Day, commemorating the birth of the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej
- December 17 – Bhutan – National Day of Bhutan marking the coronation of Ugyen Wangchuck as the first Dragon King of modern Bhutan. The current Dragon King, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, gives a speech.
- December 18 – Qatar – Qatar National Day, commemorates the assumption of power by Emir Jassim bin Mohammed Al Thani in 1878
- December 23 – Japan – The Emperor’s Birthday (Tennō Tanjōbi) is a national holiday in the Japanese calendar. Emperor Akihito, accompanied by Empress Michiko and other members of the Imperial Family, appears on a palace balcony to acknowledge the birthday congratulations of crowds.
- February 21-23 – Bhutan – Birthday of King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, three-day public holiday
- February 23 – Brunei – Brunei National Day, Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei and his family make appearances
- April 27 – Netherlands – Koningsdag or King’s Day is a national holiday. Celebrated on April 27 (April 26 if April 27 is a Sunday), the date marks the birth of King Willem-Alexander.