We will be updating this page as we receive information about upcoming royal events, so be sure to check this page periodically. The events listed will be important events in home countries or events in foreign countries. Birthdays and wedding anniversaries will not be listed here unless they are milestones and official celebrations are planned. Information on births, anniversaries, and deaths can be seen at the daily Today in Royal History and the weekly Royal Birthdays and Anniversaries. National Days and public holidays related to royalty will also be listed as members of royal families often make appearances on those days.
While we focus on foreign events and important national events, members of royal families carry out many other engagements. Below is a selection of links listing engagements. Because a more complete listing of events is often found in the language of particular monarchies, some links are not in English and are noted.
- United Kingdom – British Monarchy: Future Engagements
- United Kingdom – The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall: Diary
- Belgium – De Belgische Monarchie: Agenda (in Dutch)
- Denmark – Kongehuset: Kalendar (in Danish)
- Luxembourg – Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg: Agenda (in French)
- Netherlands – Het Koninklijk Huis: Agenda (in Dutch)
- Norway – Royal House of Norway: Official Engagements
- Spain – Casa de Su Majestad El Rey: Scheduled Agenda (in Spanish)
- Sweden – Sveriges Kungahus – Kungahusets Kalendar (in Swedish)
- January 24-26 – Denmark – Queen Margrethe will host a State Visit from the President of Iceland
- February 3 – 5 United Kingdom – The Duchess of Gloucester, Honorary President, the Lawn Tennis Association, will attend the Davis Cup in Ottawa, Canada
- February 7-10 – Netherlands – King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will make a working visit to the German states of Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, and Thuringia
- February 12 – United Kingdom – The Princess Royal, Patron, Scottish Rugby Union, will attend the International Rugby Match between France and Scotland at Stade de France in St. Denis, France
- February 21-23 – Bhutan – Birthday of King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, three-day public holiday
- February 23 – Brunei – Brunei National Day, Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei and his family make appearances
- February 28-March 3 – Denmark – Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will participate in the business delegation to Saudi Arabia and Qatar
- March – Netherlands – King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will host a State Visit from the President of Argentina (specific dates to be announced)
- March 2-5 – United Kingdom – The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation will visit Bermuda
- April – Norway – King HaraldQueen Sonja– and will host a State Visit from the President of Mexico (specific dates to be announced)
- April 27 – Netherlands – King’s Day (Konigsdag), a national holiday celebrated on April 27 (April 26 if the 27th is a Sunday), marking the birth of King Willem-Alexander
- May 13-15 – Cambodia – King Sihamoni‘s Birthday, three-day public holiday
- May 17 – Norway – Constitution Day, National Day of Norway, the Norwegian Royal Family makes appearances on the balcony at the Royal Palace in Oslo
- June 6 – Sweden – National Day of Sweden, commemorates the election of Gustav Vasa as King of Sweden in 1523, the Swedish Royal Family makes appearances
- June 23 – Luxembourg – Grand Duke Henri’s Official Birthday/Luxembourgish National Day
- July 21 – Belgium – Belgian National Day, commemorates this day in 1831 when Prince Leopold of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld became the first King of the Belgians, the Belgian Royal Family makes appearances
- August 15 – Liechtenstein – Liechtenstein National Day celebrates the Roman Catholic Feast of the Assumption and the Reigning Prince’s birthday, the Princely Family makes appearances.
- September 23 – Saudi Arabia – National Day of Saudi Arabia
- October 12 – Spain – National Day of Spain (Fiesta Nacional de España), the Spanish Royal Family makes appearances
- November 4 – Tonga – Constitution Day/Tonga National Day
- November 18 – Oman – Birthday of Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said, Oman’s National Day
- November 18 – Morocco – Independence Day (Eid Al Istiqulal) Morocco’s National Day
- November 19 – Monaco – The Sovereign Prince’s Day, Monaco National Day; the Princely Family of Monaco makes appearances
- December 5 – Thailand – King’s Birthday, the birthday of King Bhumibol Adulyadej is also celebrated as Father’s Day and Thailand’s National Day (Because of the death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, it is not yet certain what changes, if any, will be made.)
- December 17 – Bhutan – National Day of Bhutan marking the coronation of Ugyen Wangchuck as the first Dragon King of modern Bhutan. The current Dragon King, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, gives a speech.
- December 18 – Qatar – Qatar National Day, commemorates the assumption of power by Emir Jassim bin Mohammed Al Thani in 1878
- December 23 – Japan – The Emperor’s Birthday (Tennō Tanjōbi) is a national holiday in the Japanese calendar. Emperor Akihito, accompanied by Empress Michiko and other members of the Imperial Family, appears on a palace balcony to acknowledge the birthday congratulations of crowds.