We will be updating this page as we receive information about upcoming royal events, so be sure to check this page periodically. The events listed will be important events in home countries or events in foreign countries. Birthdays and wedding anniversaries will not be listed here unless they are milestones and official celebrations are planned. Information on births, anniversaries, and deaths can be seen at the daily Today in Royal History and the weekly Royal Birthdays and Anniversaries. National Days and public holidays related to royalty will also be listed as members of royal families often make appearances on those days.
While we focus on foreign events and important national events, members of royal families carry out many other engagements. Below is a selection of links listing engagements. Because a more complete listing of events is often found in the language of particular monarchies, some links are not in English and are noted.
- United Kingdom – British Monarchy: Future Engagements
- United Kingdom – The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall: Diary
- Belgium – De Belgische Monarchie: Agenda (in Dutch)
- Denmark – Kongehuset: Kalendar (in Danish)
- Luxembourg – Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg: Agenda (in French)
- Netherlands – Het Koninklijk Huis: Agenda (in Dutch)
- Norway – Royal House of Norway: Official Engagements
- Spain – Casa de Su Majestad El Rey: Scheduled Agenda (in Spanish)
- Sweden – Sveriges Kungahus – Kungahusets Kalendar (in Swedish)
- January 21-23 – Luxembourg – Grand Duke Henri will make an official visit to the Republic of Senegal
- January 22-23 – Denmark – Crown Princess Mary will visit the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, France and will attend the session of the Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly
- January 22-25 – Belgium – King Philippe and Queen Mathilde will attend World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland
- January 23-26 – Norway – Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette Marit will attend World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland
- January 30-February 4 – United Kingdom – The Earl of Wessex and The Countess of Wessex will visit Sri Lanka on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of Independence
- January 30-31 – United Kingdom – The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will make a visit to Sweden at the request of the Foreign Office
- February 1-2 – United Kingdom – The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will make a visit to Norway at the request of the Foreign Office
- February 2 – 4 – United Kingdom – The Duchess of Gloucester, Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association, will attend the Davis Cup in Marbella, Spain
- February 5 – 7 – United Kingdom – The Earl of Wessex will visit Mumbai, India and attend a number of engagements including several engagements relating to The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation
- February 7-9 – Belgium – Queen Mathilde will make a working visit to Ghana in her capacity as United Nations Advocate for the Sustainable Development Goals
- February 7 – Netherlands – King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will make a working visit to the People’s Republic of China at the invitation of President Xi Jinping
- February 7 – 8 – Sweden – Queen Silvia will visit Thailand on behalf of her charity the World Childhood Foundation and will attend The Academic Conference for the Lay Judges of the Juvenile and Family Courts of Thailand
- February 8 – 13 – Netherlands – King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will attend the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang in South Korea
- February 17-25 – Sweden – King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will attend the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea
- February 21-23 – Bhutan – Birthday of King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, three-day public holiday
- February 23 – Brunei – Brunei National Day, Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei and his family make appearances
- April 27 – Netherlands – Koningsdag or King’s Day is a national holiday. Celebrated on April 27 (April 26 if April 27 is a Sunday), the date marks the birth of King Willem-Alexander.
- May 13-15 – Cambodia – King Sihamoni‘s Birthday, three-day public holiday
- May 17 – Norway – Constitution Day, the National Day of Norway, the Norwegian Royal Family makes an appearance on the balcony of the Royal Palace in Oslo.
- May 19 – United Kingdom – Wedding of Prince Harry of Wales and Miss Meghan Markle at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle
- August 15 – Liechtenstein – Liechtenstein National Day celebrates the Roman Catholic Feast of the Assumption and the Reigning Prince’s birthday, the Princely Family makes appearances.
- Autumn 2018 – United Kingdom – Wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Mr. Jack Brooksbank at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle
- September 23 – Saudi Arabia – National Day of Saudi Arabia
- October 12 – Spain – National Day of Spain (Fiesta Nacional de España), the Spanish Royal Family makes appearances
- November 4 – Tonga – Constitution Day/Tonga National Day
- November 18 – Oman – Birthday of Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said, Oman’s National Day
- November 18 – Morocco – Independence Day (Eid Al Istiqulal) Morocco’s National Day
- November 19 – Monaco – The Sovereign Prince’s Day, Monaco National Day; the Princely Family of Monaco makes appearances
- December 17 – Bhutan – National Day of Bhutan marking the coronation of Ugyen Wangchuck as the first Dragon King of modern Bhutan. The current Dragon King, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, gives a speech.
- December 18 – Qatar – Qatar National Day, commemorates the assumption of power by Emir Jassim bin Mohammed Al Thani in 1878
- December 23 – Japan – The Emperor’s Birthday (Tennō Tanjōbi) is a national holiday in the Japanese calendar. Emperor Akihito, accompanied by Empress Michiko and other members of the Imperial Family, appears on a palace balcony to acknowledge the birthday congratulations of the crowd