We will be updating this page as we receive information about upcoming royal events, so be sure to check this page periodically. The events listed will be important events in home countries or events in foreign countries. Birthdays and wedding anniversaries will not be listed here unless they are milestones and official celebrations are planned. Information on births, anniversaries, and deaths can be seen at the daily Today in Royal History and the weekly Royal Birthdays and Anniversaries. National Days and public holidays related to royalty will also be listed as members of royal families often make appearances on those days.
While we focus on foreign events and important national events, members of royal families carry out many other engagements. Below is a selection of links listing engagements. Because a more complete listing of events is often found in the language of particular monarchies, some links are not in English and are noted.
- United Kingdom – British Monarchy: Future Engagements
- United Kingdom – The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall: Diary
- Belgium – De Belgische Monarchie: Agenda (in Dutch)
- Denmark – Kongehuset: Kalendar (in Danish)
- Luxembourg – Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg: Agenda (in French)
- Netherlands – Het Koninklijk Huis: Agenda (in Dutch)
- Norway – Royal House of Norway: Official Engagements
- Spain – Casa de Su Majestad El Rey: Scheduled Agenda (in Spanish)
- Sweden – Sveriges Kungahus – Kungahusets Kalendar (in Swedish)
- July 30 – Belgium and United Kingdom – King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the Last Post at the Menen Gate in Ypres, Belgium. The Menen Gate bears the names of more than 54,000 British soldiers who were killed in World War I and whose graves are not known. They will also visit the In Flanders Field Museum where they meet relatives of soldiers of World War I.
- July 31 – Belgium and United Kingdom – King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium, The Prince of Wales, and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will take part in the 100th anniversary commemoration of the Battle of Passchendaele, the Third Battle of Ypres (World War I) at the Tyne Cot Cemetery, near Passchendaele, Belgium, the largest military cemetery of the British Commonwealth in the world
- August 15 – Liechtenstein – Liechtenstein National Day celebrates the Roman Catholic Feast of the Assumption and the Reigning Prince’s birthday, the Princely Family makes appearances.
- September 8 – Belgium – Queen Mathilde will visit the Venice Biennale, an arts exhibition in Venice, Italy
- September 23 – Saudi Arabia – National Day of Saudi Arabia
- October 10-12 – Netherlands – King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will make a state visit to Portugal accompanied by the Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs, who will be running an economic mission parallel to the state visit
- October 12 – Spain – National Day of Spain (Fiesta Nacional de España), the Spanish Royal Family makes appearances
- October 26 – Thailand – Cremation of King Bhumibol Adulyadej who died on October 13, 2016
- November 4 – Tonga – Constitution Day/Tonga National Day
- November 18 – Oman – Birthday of Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said, Oman’s National Day
- November 18 – Morocco – Independence Day (Eid Al Istiqulal) Morocco’s National Day
- November 19 – Monaco – The Sovereign Prince’s Day, Monaco National Day; the Princely Family of Monaco makes appearances
- December 5 – Thailand – National Day and Father’s Day, commemorating the birth of the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej
- December 17 – Bhutan – National Day of Bhutan marking the coronation of Ugyen Wangchuck as the first Dragon King of modern Bhutan. The current Dragon King, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, gives a speech.
- December 18 – Qatar – Qatar National Day, commemorates the assumption of power by Emir Jassim bin Mohammed Al Thani in 1878
- December 23 – Japan – The Emperor’s Birthday (Tennō Tanjōbi) is a national holiday in the Japanese calendar. Emperor Akihito, accompanied by Empress Michiko and other members of the Imperial Family, appears on a palace balcony to acknowledge the birthday congratulations of crowds.
- February 21-23 – Bhutan – Birthday of King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, three-day public holiday
- February 23 – Brunei – Brunei National Day, Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei and his family make appearances
- April 27 – Netherlands – Koningsdag or King’s Day is a national holiday. Celebrated on April 27 (April 26 if April 27 is a Sunday), the date marks the birth of King Willem-Alexander.
- May 13-15 – Cambodia – King Sihamoni‘s Birthday, three-day public holiday
- May 17 – Norway – Constitution Day, the National Day of Norway, the Norwegian Royal Family makes an appearance on the balcony of the Royal Palace in Oslo.