We will be updating this page as we receive information about upcoming royal events, so be sure to check this page periodically. The events listed will be important events in home countries or events in foreign countries. Birthdays and wedding anniversaries will not be listed here unless they are milestones and official celebrations are planned. Information on births, anniversaries, and deaths can be seen at the daily Today in Royal History and the weekly Royal Birthdays and Anniversaries. National Days and public holidays related to royalty will also be listed as members of royal families often make appearances on those days.
While we focus on foreign events and important national events, members of royal families carry out many other engagements. Below is a selection of links listing engagements. Because a more complete listing of events is often found in the language of particular monarchies, some links are not in English and are noted.
- United Kingdom – British Monarchy: Future Engagements
- United Kingdom – The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall: Diary
- Belgium – De Belgische Monarchie: Agenda (in Dutch)
- Denmark – Kongehuset: Kalendar (in Danish)
- Luxembourg – Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg: Agenda (in French)
- Netherlands – Het Koninklijk Huis: Agenda (in Dutch)
- Norway – Royal House of Norway: Official Engagements
- Spain – Casa de Su Majestad El Rey: Scheduled Agenda (in Spanish)
- Sweden – Sveriges Kungahus – Kungahusets Kalendar (in Swedish)
- March 28-30 – Belgium – King Philippe and Queen Mathilde will make a state visit to Denmark. They will be accompanied by seven ministers as well as a business delegation representing 37 Belgian companies.
- March 29-31 – United Kingdom – The Prince of Wales will visit Romania
- March 30-April 1 – Netherlands – Princess Beatrix will make a working visit to Aruba at the invitation of Arikok National Park, a part of the Dutch Caribbean Nature Alliance of which Princess Beatrix is the patron
- March 31-April 6 – United Kingdom – The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Italy, The Holy See and Austria. See Prince of Wales: Details announced of The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall’s visit to Romania, Italy, The Holy See and Austria for more information.
- April – Norway – King Harald and Queen Sonja will host a State Visit from the President of Mexico (specific dates to be announced)
- April 3-6 – United Kingdom – The Princess Royal will visit Ghana and Sierra Leone
- April 4 – Sweden – King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will attend the regional Global Child Forum in São Paulo, Brazil
- April 4-7 – Spain – King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia will make a state visit to Japan accompanied by Spanish Foreign Minister Alfonso Dastis
- April 7-9 – United Kingdom – The Duchess of Gloucester Honorary President, the Lawn Tennis Association, will attend the Davis Cup in Rouen, France
- April 9 – United Kingdom – The Prince of Wales on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen will attend the commemorations for the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge at the Canadian National Vimy Memorial in France accompanied by The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry
- April 13 – United Kingdom – Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh will be present at the Royal Maundy Service in Leicester Cathedral. Her Majesty will distribute the Royal Maundy during the Service.
- April 18-21 – Sweden – Crown Princess Victoria will visit Tokyo, Japan in her role as an ambassador for United Nations global sustainability. Her visit will focus on marine and fisheries issues.
- April 26 – Sweden – Crown Princess Victoria will attend the 20th anniversary of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) in The Hague, Netherlands
- April 27 – Netherlands – King’s Day (Konigsdag), a national holiday celebrated on April 27 (April 26 if the 27th is a Sunday), marking the birth of King Willem-Alexander
- May 4 – United Kingdom – Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a service for members of the Order of Merit at the Chapel Royal, St. James’s Palace and host a luncheon for those attending the service
- May 11 – United Kingdom – The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Luxembourg to attend the commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the 1867 Treaty of London
- May 13-15 – Cambodia – King Sihamoni‘s Birthday, three-day public holiday
- May 17 – Norway – Constitution Day, National Day of Norway, the Norwegian Royal Family makes appearances on the balcony at the Royal Palace in Oslo
- May 22-24 – Sweden – King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will pay a State Visit to Indonesia accompanied by members of the Swedish Government
- May 29-30 – Denmark – Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will make a trip to Sweden to promote Danish businesses
- June 6 – Sweden – National Day of Sweden, commemorates the election of Gustav Vasa as King of Sweden in 1523, the Swedish Royal Family makes appearances
- June 6-8 – Spain – King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia will make a state visit to the United Kingdom and stay at Buckingham Palace
- June 10-17 – Belgium – Princess Astrid will represent His Majesty The King on an economic mission to the Republic of Korea
- June 17 – United Kingdom – Queen Elizabeth II will take the salute at The Queen’s Birthday Parade (Trooping the Colour). Later, Her Majesty will take the salute at a fly past of Royal Air Force aircraft from the balcony of Buckingham Palace. Members of the British Royal Family will be present.
- June 19 – United Kingdom – Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a Service for the Order of the Garter at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle.
- June 20-23 – Netherlands – King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will make state visits to Italy where they will visit Rome, Milan, and Palermo and to the Holy See in Vatican City
- June 23 – Luxembourg – Grand Duke Henri’s Official Birthday/Luxembourgish National Day
- July – United Kingdom – The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Germany and Poland at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. No dates or agenda have been announced.
- July 21 – Belgium – Belgian National Day, commemorates this day in 1831 when Prince Leopold of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld became the first King of the Belgians, the Belgian Royal Family makes appearances
- August 15 – Liechtenstein – Liechtenstein National Day celebrates the Roman Catholic Feast of the Assumption and the Reigning Prince’s birthday, the Princely Family makes appearances.
- September 23 – Saudi Arabia – National Day of Saudi Arabia
- October 12 – Spain – National Day of Spain (Fiesta Nacional de España), the Spanish Royal Family makes appearances
- November 4 – Tonga – Constitution Day/Tonga National Day
- November 18 – Oman – Birthday of Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said, Oman’s National Day
- November 18 – Morocco – Independence Day (Eid Al Istiqulal) Morocco’s National Day
- November 19 – Monaco – The Sovereign Prince’s Day, Monaco National Day; the Princely Family of Monaco makes appearances
- December 5 – Thailand – National Day and Father’s Day, commemorating the birth of the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej
- December 17 – Bhutan – National Day of Bhutan marking the coronation of Ugyen Wangchuck as the first Dragon King of modern Bhutan. The current Dragon King, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, gives a speech.
- December 18 – Qatar – Qatar National Day, commemorates the assumption of power by Emir Jassim bin Mohammed Al Thani in 1878
- December 23 – Japan – The Emperor’s Birthday (Tennō Tanjōbi) is a national holiday in the Japanese calendar. Emperor Akihito, accompanied by Empress Michiko and other members of the Imperial Family, appears on a palace balcony to acknowledge the birthday congratulations of crowds.